We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
1) What data Relias collects
With your consent, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; examples include: identification information (name, telephone, physical and email address, and government ID numbers), website data (location, IP address, cookie histories and RFID tags), health, mental and genetic data, biometric data, racial data, cultural data, ethnic data, political opinions, sexual orientation, tagged photos, as well as:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website;
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website;
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated during the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website;
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet;
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
2) How we collect your data
Most of the data we collect is directly provided by you; We process the data when you:
- register an account with Relias or purchase any of our products, services, and/or assessments;
- voluntarily complete a Relias customer survey or provide feedback via email;
use or view any Relias website via your browser’s cookies.
3) How Relias will use your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalize our web services for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our company;
- supply services purchased through our company;
- provide your profile information and usage to groups and associations you are a member of;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
During order processing, Relias may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4) Children’s Privacy
Relias’s Site, software, and services do not target, and are not structured to attract, children under the age of 16.
Relias will not knowingly collect any registration information from users who indicate they are under the age of 16, without consent from a person with parental responsibility for said child.
We will require consent from a person with parental responsibility for children between the ages of 13 and 16. Additionally, children will receive an age appropriate privacy notice, and their data will be subject to heightened security.
Registration from children under the age of 13 will be deleted once identified.
5) How do we store your data?
Our company securely stores your data through Cookiebot, a GDPR-compliant scanning and tracking tool that logs users’ consent to browser cookies.
Our company will keep your data for twelve (12) months. Once this period has expired, we will delete your data via Cookiebot’s automatic 12-month renewal check, should you choose not to consent again at that time.
Relias would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner and affiliate companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you will always have the opportunity to opt out of marketing communications at a later date.
The right to opt out extends to all marketing communications from Relias.
If you wish to utilize your right to opt out, please contact us at email@example.com.
7) Your data protection rights
Relias would like to make you fully aware of your data protection rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. The rights afforded by Relias are based upon both those rights outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as drafted and passed by the European Union, taking effect on May 25, 2018, as well as the California Consumer Protection Act, AB-375, effecting January 1, 2020.
Additional information about the GDPR principles is available at https://gdpr.eu.
- The right to access – You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing from Relias. You have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards implemented by Relias when information is transferred to a third country. This request shall be completed within a month, barring larger requests, and may be accompanied by a small fee for further copies requested, as well as appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that any information obtained by Relias you believe to be incorrect is rectified. In the case of incomplete personal data, once rectification has been requested, the incomplete data will be completed.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request, from Relias, that your personal data be erased within a month, if possible.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Relias restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Relias’s processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Relias transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, in a common digital format.
- The right to equal services and price – You will receive the same services and price from Relias, regardless of whether or not you have exercised any of your aforementioned privacy rights.
8) Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
9) International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
10) Retaining personal information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
11) Securely storing your information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
A cookie is a text file placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiration date, unless deleted by the user before the expiration date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the following steps will outline how to remove cookies from your browser if desired. In a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result of certain cookie removals.
You can change your cookie settings for this website at any time by visiting here.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
13) Updates and amendments
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
14) Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
This website is owned and operated by Relias Learning Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales, and our registered office is at One, Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS.
Our principal place of business is at
12 Melcombe Place
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.