Relias is delighted to announce that it has been working with Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England as their digital learning development partner, to design and build a suite of bespoke digital learning courses for line managers from all industries.
Mental health knowledge for managers
MHFA England asked Relias to produce 12 online learning modules for a series titled ‘Mental Health Knowledge for Managers’. The first four modules in the series, which MHFA England are launching during Mental Health Awareness Week, are ‘Supporting Employee Mental Health’, ‘Ask’, ‘Listen’ and ‘Respond’. These are designed to equip line managers with the knowledge and confidence needed to identify changes in behaviour within their people, to lead a supportive culture, and to engage in conversations about mental health regularly. Due to their regular contact with team members, this group are often ideally positioned to notice and nurture the mental wellbeing of their teams, to spot when someone might be struggling and to have meaningful and effective conversations with them.
Supporting the mental wellbeing of employees working from home
These modules are accompanied by a fifth entitled ‘Managing Remote Teams’ which focuses on identifying potential feelings of loneliness and isolation in remote workers which are potential risk factors for poor mental health, how to maintain mental wellbeing while working remotely and how to support team members in doing the same, and how to stay connected and have sensitive chats with remote employees where necessary. The remaining 8 modules in the series will be released over the course of the next 6 to 12 months.
Emma Reynolds, Head of Learning and Development for MHFA England said:
“We heard through our clients that there was a gap in learning resources for line managers on the topic of employee mental health so we approached Relias for help in responding to this important need.
We’re delighted to launch the first five modules during Mental Health Awareness Week, including our topical ‘Managing Remote Teams’ module. With many shifting to remote working due to the current situation with COVID-19, this will help develop a vital skillset that line managers need more than ever in order to support people in working from home.”
Training 1 in 10 adults in Mental Health First Aid
The self-navigated digital learning modules will help managers develop applicable knowledge and skills around employee mental health through scenario-based learning and interactive content. The digital learning will complement MHFA England’s programme of instructor-led training and help achieve its mission of training one in ten of England’s adult population in Mental Health First Aid skills. See a sample of the first module, ‘Supporting Employee Mental Health’ here.
Commenting on the project, Managing Director of Relias Stefan Herm said:
“We’re delighted to be part of this exciting collaborative partnership, joining up MHFA England’s deep subject matter expertise with Relias’ strength in advanced instructional design, and in bringing digital learning solutions to life.
Relias is proud to have helped MHFA England realise its vision for high quality digital learning opportunities in mental health — especially at a time when the option to train online has become more important than ever.”
Relias is a global leader in the provision of digital learning solutions for healthcare, and has been at the forefront of training for mental health care since 2002. The company is trusted by 10,000+ clients globally, nearly 2,000 of which are mental health care providers.
The Relias mission is to “measurably improve the lives of the most vulnerable members of society and those who care for them.” In alignment with that mission, the company provides a range of mental health courses for healthcare professionals in its online library, as well as offering bespoke course development opportunities.
In addition to this project for Mental Health First Aid England, Relias is the official training partner to the Zero Suicide Alliance for which the company built an award-winning suicide prevention course by partnering with mental health organisation Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust.
About Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England is a community interest company (CIC), established in 2009.
- Mental Health First Aid is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid training and provides people with the skills and confidence to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, start a conversation, and effectively guide a person towards the right support, be that self-help or professional services.
- To date 1:70 of the adult population are trained in MHFA England skills.
- MHFA England’s vision is to improve the mental health of the nation by normalising attitudes and behaviours around mental health by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing.
- More information about MHFA England and its courses can be found at www.mhfaengland.org or by emailing [email protected]
For further information
Contact Dee Enright, UK Head of Marketing: [email protected]
- Relias works with the Zero Suicide Alliance to build new digital learning course on isolation
- Relias UK Offers Free Training and Resources to Help Combat Coronavirus
- Relias collects Engage Award for 'Best Use of Training' on behalf of the Zero Suicide Alliance
- Relias – Official Training Partner of the New Zero Suicide Alliance – Teaching Suicide Prevention Skills to 1 Million+ People